You know spring has arrived in South Texas...

... when the Pecan Tree blooms !!! Despite the chilly evening yesterday {low 40's} and same predicted for this evening ~ long range forecasts show 80's as the norm for upcoming 10 days. 

I briefly alluded to major changes in last posting.  They are finally building steam and starting to take place.  I gave notice to my employer that I will be leaving at the end of August.  I emphasize here that it is not retirement - it is time off for good behavior.  I've done my 10 years, behaved as well as can be expected under the circumstances and now it is time to get ready to hand it off to the next brave soul.   And it is time for me to have the opportunity to awaken in the morning and plan things that I want to do, not things I have to do.  
  Checklist in preparation:

  • Living estate sale - DONE
  • Have my #1 Son claim what he wants - he whittled it down to JUST 14 boxes !!
  • Begin boxing things that I can't bring myself to let go of
  • Search for my new home
The last is my current challenge.  I have a listing of cities - one in Texas, a few in North Carolina, and one in Virginia.  Over the next two months they will each be visited with the thoughts of being a resident...That is an adventure I can't wait to begin...but work keeps getting in the way.

Any insight from my readers will be appreciated [my criteria includes reasonable cost of living, plenty of potential activities - hiking, fishing, zumba, art, photo opportunities].  

Comments

Popular Posts