Once again trying to do the right thing....

...but met my quota.  Not sure if you know what the palmetto plant is but you can get on line and see these beautiful glades filled with the growth.  And there are places to read about the wonderful medicinal value.

    Honey, don't believe everything you read on the internet.  

It is a vicious, mean, invasive plant that loves swampy, humid areas.  Now guess how you could easily describe my back yard - - ....yes, swampy and humid.  
And it is called "saw palmetto" for a very good reason.  Along both sides of the stalk are these horrid, extremely sharp "alligator tooth" shaped spines.  The plant has grown to a height in excess of 10' beside the dormant pool and large storage building.  I am taking a stand !!!...I am NOT going to remove any more.  I will just walk away and tell the property owner: Tag.  You're it.  [right after I get him to sign a letter of recommendation for future landlord...].



Comments

Popular Posts