March is nearly over...

...and I certainly hope that means the winter weather will end as well.  Predictions of snow for yesterday proved to be a dud ~ ~ but cold and rain.  Utilized the day to transform latest acquisition of 40 National Geographic magazines.  Attempted to use citra solv on complete book and that proved not to have results I like.  So spent a few hours separating the books and extracting pages that caught my eye - both for the photo and the color. The norm is to stack numerous pages and patiently wait for the magic to happen.  I am not patient.  I lined up pages I thought would either melt, transfer, or evolve into wonderful results.  Eight hours later, have over 100 completed pages - dried and scanned.  Now comes the play time of enhancing... or collage or.....
I'm posting two fascinating results.  This first transferred the image to a second page at the same time as being altered.
 
The transfer has a haunted feeling as it overlooks the oil rig and old vehicles. 













And then there is the just plain weird - this transfer of a man onto a photo of Easter Island. Tempted to put Easter basket in his hand...and use for postcard for Easter....and maybe some ears on the statues.  Now that would be weird.

Comments

Popular Posts