Three...Two....One.....

The countdown is in the single digits.  Management of transition in the office is going well.  Still twinges of reluctance to let go...but, as my mantra for last year has been "It is not my company".  I do believe the correct person was employed and the safety nets will hold under extreme stress.  It is all good..

Creepy Monkee
As part of the Good Bye Tour, visited the Mosquito Festival this past weekend.  It has been at least 14 years since I last attended.  The quirkiness of the event made it as must see that first time.  It was an event that suited the time and town.  I really thought with as many years that had passed, and change of location within the town, great strides would have been made to make the event more appealing.  I am here to report that time was not their friend.  It is still a festival that can go on the "should see at least once" list.    
Creepy monkey was on front of the children's zoo train ride.  

OH but must mention Wild Bill's Soda ~ they had a booth set up promoting fantastic soda.  I try to avoid drinking soft drinks, but their sales approach is such fun.  You purchase a metal mug [either $8 or $15] and refill as often as you wish.  The mug is dated so it can be used at other festivals that they might attend.  And the root beer is amazing !!

Back to the Good Bye Tour ~ next week is the Art Car Museum and a boat tour at the Port of Houston.

Two weeks from this time - - give or take a few hours - - I will be on the road.  The route outlined is most assuredly not a straight road from here to there.  Once I started playing with the thought of travel, the development of a most interesting trip evolved.  And the beauty of the plan is that I am free to change it at any time.  The minimal restraints are to be in one spot at the end of August and another in mid September.



Comments

Popular Posts