It was supposed to be a quick trip...


...Started out at 6:30 a.m. to see a yard sale that listed "original art".  My mind made the leap to art supplies, so of course it was necessary that I check it out.  Arrived in Freeport at 7:15...and no cars,no sale.  So wandered a bit, took some photos, and checked back at 8a.m. and they were open.  No supplies.  Seeing as it was still so early, decided to head out and see what else caught my eye.  Quite a few things actually - 170 photos later.....arrived home at 3ish that afternoon.



Part of the wanderlust, other than just seemed the right thing to do, had to do with the fact that Milk Dud, my non-attack protection dog [but she was my snake warning system] had to be euthanized last week.  She had been diagnosed with cancer, but I was just watching to see....well it was only three weeks since the diagnosis.  Dud went downhill rapidly and I did not want her to suffer ... Miss her but know it was the right thing to do.

Comments

Popular Posts