The last minute was just what I needed.

With the Whimsical Women Show just weeks away, I knew I had to finish up the stragglers.  If for no other reason than I needed my "work bench" to be transformed into my "show table".

The "Illustrated Mind" is complete !  Basis for this is:  Phrenology (from Greek φρήν (phrēn), meaning 'mind', and λόγος (logos), meaning 'knowledge') is a pseudomedicine primarily focused on measurements of the human skull, based on the concept that the brain is the organ of the mind, and that certain brain areas have localized, specific functions or modules.



But in my version, there is obvious personal observations on my mind.

Left side:  reason, analytic, logic, control, totally unknown, forgotten
Center:  wonder, more open than closed, things that should be remembered, faces I cannot put a name to, passion, private thoughts, worry
Right side: freedom, illusions, make believe, other stuff, bliss, music, irrelevant, peace

I have posted photos here in the past showing the transition from a Cosmetology Mannequin Head (complete with hair) to this creation. When adding a crackle paste, there did form long streams that I was concerned about but ultimately felt the "scars" added to my personal observation of self.



Comments

Popular Posts