Takes time for the pieces to fall in place...

... first found a board at a resale shop that had some cutesy art painted on it.  Good friend with a sander removed that {thank you very much} and then it sat for a while.  Debated the phrase to use.  And then, after speaking with my Grandson - - used our phrase "Love you to the moon and back"....
But then needed a moon.  I knew I could not paint it and thought maybe some texture ...buttons.  Yes, buttons. I used my collection of vintage buttons {after sketching basic shape on board} to form a crescent moon.  Kept adding until it looked like the rough surface of the moon....Then added metal stars, heat embossed stars, and knobs that had been colored with alcohol inks.  The board measures 13" across the bottom and the height in the center is approximately 11-1/2".  I listed it for sale $30 on the FB page for local crafters / artists.

Comments

This creation found a home yesterday....feels so good when a person enjoys my art and wants to take it home.

Popular Posts