November 10, 2013

Today marks 52 years since Malena Marie Duffy passed.  The loss is felt but not the feeling of loss due to death.  It is the loss of not having had an opportunity to know this woman.  During my visits this summer, I heard tales and stories about her and my youth.  I was fascinated to learn more about Mom…but felt I was hearing about someone I just met in passing.  Well, actually, that was the case.  Add to that of stories relayed based on other’s knowing her, showed a woman I would have liked to have known yet not sure we would have had much in common.  My life’s path was defined by her passing.  It removed the roots and gave me a lack of restrictions.  I received custodial care without direction, which allowed me to become this person destined to be right here and right now.

……….that just sums it up….for now. 

Comments

Popular Posts