Luckily I do own a laptop…


…or I would have gone through serious withdrawal.  The house I live in has some serious electrical “challenges”.  Periodically one section of the house would suffer a surge and occasionally outage.  And it is the section that serves my home office / craft room [or crap room as a friend refers to it].  So I was not terribly concerned when the power went out ~ until I realized after 3 outages, that the battery back up was not doing its job.  Have had it in place for four years and thought it had a longer life span, but obviously not.  Invested in a replacement.  Not such a high end version and it is a model being discontinued by Office Depot.  Bottom line, it cost $10.00.  Yes, the reserve is shorter, but the price was right.  Now the additional “huh ?” to the purchase was I also bought a double pack of two sided tape.  It cost $9.00.  So I will look at it as a $19.00 backup system and the tape was free.  That makes more sense to me.

Ventured to the movies last Friday afternoon to see Lincoln.  Amazing show and well worth the time and funds.  Few movies draw me in to believing the characters.  There is always this little voice going “good actor”.  Not this time…It was as if Lincoln were there espousing on the need to change this country by eliminating slavery.

The movie venture was also another thump on the side of the head….along with a bump in the knee.  Yes, I know my age.  Yes, I accept it.  Yes, for the most part, I don’t consider it when I’m out in the real world.  Well matinee showings [3:30 in the afternoon] dashed that little illusion.  As I tripped over a walker while searching for a seat, I realized that I have truly joined the seniors.  Damn, I’m one of those that the light from the projector glistened off my white hair as it did my seatmates.  And yes when the movie ended, I had to arise from my seat in stages as did my neighbors.  I do play the “senior card” [or coupon] for discounts but always looked around at folks that are quite apparently my age and thought “I hope I’m in better shape when I get that old”.  Well I am that old and feel much better than my theater neighbors appeared to be.

And so it goes………

Comments

Popular Posts