A month.. almost...



...has passed.  Between travel adventures to see "Ollie D" [Oliver's Rapper Name], having the wonderful opportunity to "meet" my niece again for the first time, and the challenges of being part of the working class I have not been able to return to my the ideas and projects in the works.  

Today I finished the latest Witch's Hat Box.  Yes, made one in the past and gave it to a dear friend.  Also, when cleaning out the storage closet discovered another fall box.  None the less, I had the box and new techniques I wanted to try.  In order to show aging of the paint, used Elmer's Glue mixed with water for the crackle effect.  The overlay of paint appeared "pinkish" rather than the deep maroon I had hoped for, so used wood stain on top of base paint, crackle, and maroon paint.  Finally achieved the color I was looking for.  Then painted the top band black ~ mistake....so overlaid it with ribbon and, of course, a few buttons.   All imprints are transfers using modge podge.  The hats were purchased over a year ago ~ just waiting for the appropriate container.   I consider it DONE...but ...always a but...decided to do a travel journal.  So, on to the writing a Witch's Travel Journal....




If the broom fits...ride it !!

Comments

Popular Posts