I've been working on various transfer mediums.  Today I finished  transfer of a photo I took of shells washed up on the Connecticut shore.  Used Mod podge to transfer image, removed all backing paper, and finished with clear mod podge that I textured to appear to be water.  The tray is mother of pearl shell that has a gold tint that shines through the transfer.  Photo was difficult to capture due to glare of light off the shells.


This is followup to transfer I finished last week.  Again using mod podge as the medium and another photo I took of the reflection of a sunset in the neighbor's pond.  It was put on  these very large (31" across on the base by 15" tall) semi-circle copper finished pieces that I acquired via craig's list.  It was quite an education on transfer and finishing.  Currently finished piece is on a small side table.  Again, another item that was difficult to photo.  The transfer is on the back upright piece and it is reflected in the bottom flat surface.  Hoping to get some of the copper pieces sliced into smaller items to work with.

Comments

Popular Posts