A purple shoelace day

My dance card is filling with have-tos, obligations, commitments, look forward to events. All are good things, none are dreaded….but. I knew it would become a purple shoelace day. A day to put on the worn out tennis shoes that are pale forest green and have shoelaces that don’t match anything other than the day. It is a day that wanderlust may take over with the only constraint being within a 75 mile radius. I want to have a play day, but office requirements are going to change it to a play afternoon.
Only after I traveled the mental path of least resistance, I realized a contributing factor to this is David’s and my wedding anniversary. Twenty nine years ago, when I was 29 and David was 42, we exchanged our vows before family and friends. What a wonderful and unique 21 year adventure started that evening.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I remember your wedding day like it was yesterday. I was walking around with a crush on David's oldest son and we totaled your car! Then we had the great freeze that night.
It seems like yesterday.

Popular Posts