I have turned procrastination into an art form....

There is still quite a bit to resolve before beginning the road trip ~ some items cannot be addressed until I am officially unemployed, others I should be researching and finalizing NOW....but...obviously not just yet.  

Though it took longer than anticipated, a person was hired to take on the challenge of my current position as office manager.  When being brutally honest, my leaving this company is as much good for them as for me.  It is time for someone else with new perspectives to manage the office.  The woman hired is amazing !!!  Young, intelligent, well educated and up to the challenge.  I strongly believe she will make a favorable contribution to the growth of the company and it will also be beneficial for her.

One item I have begun to plan [thanks to prompting from my son - he asked when I would arrive at his home.  He asked that of a person that can turn a five hour trip into nine hours...] is the route to be taken.  Originally planned to wander up to Dallas, then head northeast.  As previously mentioned, a friend suggested a few towns that would be of interest...which led to checking out "ghost towns" in Texas.  This changed the route.  Now will be go northwest 'ish....Waco, then Mineral Wells, Dallas.  North from there to Turner Falls.  Of course I just had to check out ghost towns in Oklahoma ~ I might not make it out of that state any time soon.....So it will be a work in progress.  Again, always grateful to my sister that gave me a gps - she said I could wander but did not have to be totally lost.

Still working on the "goodbye tour".  Visiting places that I always meant to see before distance makes it impossible.  Included in the list was the Luling Watermelon Thump Festival.  Of course, back roads as much as possible.  A selection from the 300 photos taken over nearly 500 miles in one weekend are posted here Luling adventure.    

Locally, I participated in the Haak Winery harvest.  The owners are wonderful promoters - they put out the word that volunteers can help with the harvest [free labor !!].  They supplied juice and muffins prior to the event along with plenty of water {it was hot...} and tools.  Prior to beginning the harvest, the owner stated it should not take over three hours.  1-1/2 hours later it was completed.  There was an amazing number of people that attended ~ individuals, families, couples....all ages.  After the harvest was completed, there was an opportunity for wine tasting and music...   Did take a few photos [of course] and included in latest photo album  July 2013 here and there.

and now...back to list of things to do....

Comments

Popular Posts