It was not my intention for I had set plans and a tight schedule, but I found myself looking for Spring this weekend. Friday evening was the "Pasta Palooza" {don't you love the name ~ let your mind wander and see a tornado of pasta twirling upward} at Unity Church with a single seating a 7 pm and Saturday the North Texas Irish Festival at Fair Park. I knew that schedule. I do pride myself with being on time. BUT...cramming five days of work into a four day schedule played havoc with me on Thursday. I could not bring myself to pack, plan, pay bills, drop Dude at the kennel. So the original departure time of 8 a.m. became 11 a.m. And then, once I reached the 70mph speed (in other words ~ I had put a great enough distance between myself and the pollution of Houston where they believe they will control air quality by reducing the speed of vehicles), I watched as time slowly rolled back two weeks. In Brazoria County, the trees have an aura of green. The auburn / rust colored buds are breaking out into full blown leaves. As I traveled north, the aura became a faint haze. I knew I would take some time on Saturday morning to visit my former home in Garland. I just did not realize how that would lead to ... and lead to ...

I visited fields and cemeteries that had the beginnings of Spring. And I then visited the structured gardens of the Dallas Arboretum. What an amazing place !! Spring is definitely seen in the tulip trees, daffodils, and tulips. Next weekend will be the annual event "Dallas Blooms". The first weekend may not meet expectations ~ especially as the weather predicted for this evening includes a chance of snow. I did finally arrive at Fair Park at 1ish. The music, crowds, oddities were in full swing. Friends and I toured the stages, listening here & there at 30 minute intervals. Enjoying Blue Moon beer. I departed by 5ish knowing I had to face a 5 hour drive on Sunday. OOOPS. Did I say 5 hour ??? It turned into a 9-1/2 hour drive ~ "HiHo" {my car - as in Hi Ho Silver} and I toured many abandoned building, cemeteries, found the "FORBIDDEN ZONE" {and have a photo to prove it} and Paradise (again, photo to prove it ~ and discovered you need a pass card to enter ~ but isn't that what Christians have been trying to tell the masses ?}.

I know I live "in the country". Forty five minutes from civilization (and I use that term loosely when referring to Houston) yet it is not country enough. Country is riding along the back roads and having the drivers in their pick ups giving the one finger salute - - no, not the middle finger. The simple raising of the first finger saying hello. Even one gentleman riding his mower gave me the finger.
I've added photos...going to attempt to add link here.
First the pictures...now the movie:

Comments

Popular Posts